Best CBD Oils for High Blood Pressure
In today’s word, people are having many health complications. In fact, there are more people in the world today with more health risks then there was 10 years ago. Every year this problem seems to increase. There are several reasons why it is going up every year. First, some people are not wanting to take their prescribed medicines because the feel the harsh side effects are worse than dealing with the problem. This has people searching for answers. One of the questions asked is What are the best CBD oils for high blood pressure?
Secondly, people are tending to have more work and life related stress. Unquestionably, stress creates high blood pressure. Unfortunately, since people do not want to take their medications, the stress gets worse. Some people are even looking for natural alternatives to the prescribed medications. Thus, that is why people are turning to CBD products to help control high blood pressure and all the ailments that seem to go along with it. Do your research, what is the best CBD oil for high blood pressure?
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, which is the correct term for CBD, is a chemical compound that derives from the Cannabis Sativa Plant. CBD comes from the hemp part of the plant that contains little to no THC. THC is the chemical in marijuana to causes users to get the high feeling. There are two types of CBD. One type is Isolated CBD, it contains no THC. This type is for people who have problems taking CBD that has THC in it.
In addition, the second type, is a full spectrum CBD. Full spectrum does contain some THC. However, it’s a very small amount, 0.3% to be exact. Since the amount is so little, you still cannot get a high from the THC. However, some people who take full spectrum worry about having to pass drug tests at work. In fact, most people who work prefer to take the isolated CBD products. Some have many questions like Best CBD oils for high blood pressure.
One of the questions that many people ask is: Does CBD products show up on a drug or urine test? The answer to this question is simple. CBD should not show up on a drug test. However, sometimes there can be a fluke where it does show up. In fact, for it to show up on a drug test, the employer has to specifically be looking for CBD.
Importantly, if your test does show up positive, talk to your boss. Explain to your employer the reasons why you are taking CBD. More importantly, remind them that CBD products are not illegal in the United States, as long as they contain less than 0.3% THC.
If your employer still has issues with you taking CBD products, talk to your healthcare provider. Many physicians will talk to your employer and explain your physical ailments that you are trying to manage with the CBD. However, most employers do not have a problem with CBD.
What Type of CBD is Right for You?
Unquestionably, this question is one you can only answer for yourself. Some people are sensitive to CBD products and can’t take any CBD form that has THC in them. In fact, if that is you, you will want to take the Isolated form of the CBD product. You still get the full effect of the product, but without some of the side effects.
However, if you don’t have sensitivity to CBD products, you can take full spectrum. Many people take the full spectrum and only have limited side effects. However, the side effects are only mild compared to prescribed medications.
What Are the Side Effects of CBD?
Unfortunately, just about everything now days has some sort of side effect. Without a doubt, some side effects can be harsher than others. Many scientific studies have been done on CBD products. It should be noted, almost all of the case studies only reported mild side effects that passed within a few weeks. The most common side effects of CBD are:
- Drowsiness – This mostly only pertains to the full spectrum CBD since it does contain small amounts of THC. If drowsiness becomes a problem for you, switch to a CBD product that contains zero THC.
- Nausea – Only a small percentage of the test subjects complained about being nauseous. Nevertheless, the nausea seemed to pass as time went on.
- Change in appetite – Many people use CBD to help maintain and achieve their weight goals. CBD can affect how you eat. You may not feel hungry all the time. You may eat smaller meals. Some people have reported that it helps keep them from having cravings.
- Dry mouth – A majority of the case studies confirmed most people experienced dry mouth. Clearly, this is because the CBD changes how the saliva is secreted in our body.
- Low Blood pressure – Unquestionably, many people take CBD products to help lower their blood pressure. However, if you don’t have high blood pressure and take CBD, you need to be aware that it can make your blood pressure fall. This is one area you will need to keep an eye out.
- Dizziness – About half the subjects reported dizziness. Thus, this seemed to pass as their body got used to the CBD dosages. They had less side effects as time went on.
What is High Blood Pressure?
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is when your blood is pushing to hard on your artery walls. When you have high blood pressure, your heart and arteries have to work doubly as hard to keep up. However, working this hard does cause some damage after a certain amount of time.
If you feel like you have high blood pressure, you should see a physician right away. In fact, you are at risk for several medical complications if you don’t get it under control. Your doctor will more than likely prescribe high blood pressure medicine and have you monitor your blood pressure for a few months. In addition, they may ask you to cut most of your salt intake from your diet.
High blood pressure is deemed the silent killer. You may not feel like anything is wrong, but there could be. That is why it is important to always get routine check up with your healthcare provider. To prevent this, keep an eye on your blood pressure numbers. 120/80 is really good. The numbers can be adjusted a little either up or down and you can still be in a good range. However, if your top number is really high, seek help immediately.
What Are the Side Effects of High Blood Pressure?
There are several side effects that need to be factored in. In fact, different side effects can occur. It all depends on how high your blood pressure is. Some symptoms are mild, and some are extremely dangerous to your health. Some noted side effects of high blood pressure are:
- Severe headache – Some people have headaches all the time. This is a common symptom of high blood pressure. However, you need to pay attention to how much your head hurts and for how long it has been hurting. High blood pressure can cause some serious damage. For example, if you have a headache that is almost unbearable, and you know it’s not a normal headache, seek help immediately. High blood pressure can cause brain aneurysms.
- Fatigue – high blood pressure can cause extreme amounts of fatigue. In fact, your body is working so hard to keep up, that it is exhausting itself. This is one of the common signs of high blood pressure.
- Vision Problems – Overtime, high blood pressure can cause damage to the retina’s blood vessels causing vision problems.
- Chest pain – This is one of the scarier and very serious side effects. High blood pressure can make your heart feel like it’s beating out of your chest. This can cause severe to acute pain in the chest.
- Difficulty breathing – You may experience difficulty breathing, especially when your heart is working overtime. It is your bodies way of saying, hey, something isn’t right.
- Ringing ears – Some people with high blood pressure experience ring in their ears. The irregular blood flow caused by high blood pressure causes this.
Is it Safe to Take CBD With Other Medications?
Undoubtedly, this question is a little tricky to answer. The solid answer is yes, CBD is safe to take with medications. However, you have to be aware that some medications have different interactions with CBD. For example, if you take a medication that states you cannot take with grapefruit, you do not want to take with CBD. CBD gives off the same effects of the no “grapefruit” medications.
In addition, it all depends on how the person’s body processes medications and CBD. CBD can cause some medications to not have their full effect. This can cause serious health issues if it’s a serious medical condition. In fact, if someone who is taking CBD and blood thinners together, they will want to be monitored closely. CBD can cause the blood thinners to not fully do their job. The person’s blood may become to thick and cause some blood clots.
Unquestionably, always talk to your primary healthcare provider. You need to let them know that you are taking CBD or considering taking CBD. They can tell you if they think it’s safe for you or not. They can also tell you what risks may be associated with mixing together your prescription medications with CBD. It is different for everyone. Everyone takes different kinds of medicines and different doses.
What Are the Interactions Between CBD and Blood Pressure Medicines?
Unfortunately, as with all medications, there are side effects present for CBD during interactions with other medications. Some of the side effects are just mild, but others are more serious. Here is a list of side effects caused from interactions to watch out for.
- Breakthrough seizers
- Changes in weight
- Changes in appetite
Most of these can be controlled just by monitoring how the medicine affects your body. CBD can cause the medicine to either not work to its full potential or work past its potential. Both situations can be dangerous if not monitored by a healthcare provider. In fact, always do your research and see how it is affecting other people. That way you can be prepared for what might happen to you.
How to Choose the Right CBD Oil for High Blood Pressure
There are several case studies circulating on the internet about how CBD lowers blood pressure. You should do some research on the studies to see if they apply to you. Most scientist recommend choosing a CBD oil that is in the Isolated form. Isolated form has less side effects then the full spectrum, which contains THC.
Most importantly, you are going to want to find a CBD oil that is healthy for your body. By this, I mean, organic products plus top-quality ingredients. With the use of the CBD oil, you will want to start an exercise routine. In addition, a change of diet may be called for. Salt is the enemy of a person with high blood pressure. Make smart decisions!
What Are the Best CBD Oils for High Blood Pressure?
There are several different kinds of CBD oils on the market today. However, you need to make sure you are actually getting a product that contains the ingredients it claims to contain. Here are a few CBD oils that have been recommended for high blood pressure:
- Nuleaf Naturals – This product claims it is the best CBD oil for people just starting out. It is said to be made with all organic products. In addition, it is lab tested.
- Spruce – Is peppermint flavored to mask any unpleasant tastes from the CBD.
- CBDMD – They have several flavors and use only ingredients produced from medical hemp. It also uses MCT oil as a carrier oil.
As stated above, there are so many different kinds of CBD oils on the market today. It can be quite confusing to people who are just getting started. Especially for those who are trying to find the best CBD oils for high blood pressure. However, do your research. Case studies are posted on the internet for this reason. In addition, talk to your healthcare provider. They might not like to prescribe CBD oils to help your medical conditions, but they will answer any questions you have about CBD. In fact, talk to other people you know of that have taken CBD before. They can give you some kind of information for you to decide if it’s right for you. Please, always play it safe and keep researching!
Smith, G. L. (2017). CBD: What You Need to Know. United States: CreateSpace Independent Publishing.
Leinow, L., Birnbaum, J., & Moskowitz, M. H. (2017). CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medicinal Cannabis–Healing without the High (1st ed.). United States: North Atlantic Books.
Johnson, S. A. (2019). The Endocannabinoid System and Cannabis: The Perfect Partnership for Self-Regulation and Healing. United States: Scott A. Johnson professional writing service, LLC.
Wenker, O. (2019). The Power of CBD and Essential Oils: Connecting the Dots Between Plants, Receptors, and Health (1st ed.). United States: Independently Published.
Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/
Iffland, K., & Grotenhermen, F. (2017). An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies. An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5569602/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5470879/ a single dose of cannabidiol can reduce blood pressure in healthy volunteers in a randomized cross-over study.