Is CBD Oil Legal In Louisiana?
There is much uncertainty in the world today. However, there is one thing you can be sure of, the popularity of CBD in every state. No matter what goes on in this world, people still rely on having their supply of CBD oil and products. CBD products are some of the top selling natural alternatives on the market today. Many who take prescribed medicines rather try something more natural due to the harsh side effects of pharmaceutical drugs. Some may even argue that the side of effects of these drugs are worse than the underlying problem. They make a choice to trust something grown in nature rather than something made in a lab. People in Louisiana feel the same. This prompts the question, is CBD oil legal in Louisiana?
There have been many questions thrown out about rather CBD oil is a scam or not. There have been many research and case studies done to help prove the benefits of CBD. Many people swear upon CBD working for them However, there are several different factors to consider before we can really say if CBD works for us or not. In this article, we will be touching upon many questions that have been asked by several people who are interested in CBD products. First, let us talk about one of the more popular questions asked about CBD as of today. What is CBD?
What is CBD Oil and CBD Products?
Cannabidiol, Which is the full name for CBD, is a chemical compound that is extracted from the hemp part of the Cannabis Sativa Plant. This chemical is all natural and very safe. When making CBD oil, this compound is mixed with some kind of carrier oil, typically coconut oil. They generally add a carrier oil so your body has an easier time absorbing the CBD.
In fact, there are a couple different types of CBD oil. First, Isolated CBD oil is an oil that contains no THC. THC is the chemical compound derived from the marijuana plant that causes you to feel high. This high feeling can cause many impairment problems and is the main reason it is still illegal in many states. Secondly, full spectrum CBD oil does contain some THC. However, it is only in small trace amounts. In fact, the amounts are so low, they are less than 0.3%. Unquestionably, this amount is acceptable by all state laws. Lastly, everyone has a different bio structure for their body. How your body reacts to CBD is totally up to how you are put together. Everyone will have different results.
Is CBD Legal in All States?
This is a tricky question to answer. Each state is different. Low grade THC oils or even THC free oils are legal in most states. You would need to look up your state laws involving anything to do with CBD products to find out the answer to this question. Each years these laws change because so many people fight for the rights to use natural grown products. Most states in the USA do not allow any products that contain high amounts of THC, like marijuana. They feel it causes to many issues and is seen as a dangerous drug.
However, CBD is made to where it can contain no THC and doesn’t produce the same effects of marijuana. These are mostly legal in all states. However, once again, always do your research and look up your state laws. Some law makers are very picky about what is seen as a natural cure and what is not a natural cure. Unquestionably, there are always established laws on your cities government website.
Is CBD Oil Legal in Louisiana?
Since CBD is legal in so many states, many people often wonder, is it legal in the state they live in. In fact, Louisiana is one of the states that it is legal in. With the passing of the House Bill 491, the Louisiana government officials made hemp and hemp derived CBD products legal in their state. However, they are still coming up with laws to actual regulate the sale and use of it. Unquestionably, this can cause many headaches for sellers and users.
In addition, even though CBD products are legal in Louisiana, it is banned from adding it to food and drinks. They feel this is a necessary step to help keep the use of CBD regulated. If you are interested in more facts about Is CBD oil Legal in Louisiana, you can look on the state website and look up the laws and facts about CBD. It’s always good to do research on your own state laws.
What Forms of CBD Can You Buy in Louisiana?
This is a very popular question. There are several forms available today. In fact, people love variety. The CBD product market is not a disappointment on this fact. Below are a few commonly used forms. However, keep in mind, new forms are always being invented!
- Pills/Capsules – This form looks just like normal pills, only they are infused with CBD oil. This is one of the commonly used methods for CBD. However, if you are bad at remembering to take pills, this method is not for you.
- Teas – This consists of Tea leaves soaked in CBD oil and than dried. You make and drink it just like normal teas. Many people use this form right before bed. Especially those with insomnia problems. It proves to relax you and help you sleep better at night.
- Patches – These patches are much like the nonsmoking ones. They are very discreet and can be used on any part of your body. However, keep in mind, patches are made to space out the amount of time that the CBD is ingested into the body. Patches can last up to 6 hours.
- Tinctures/oils – This is the most commonly used form for research and case studies. The reason being is you apply the CBD under the tongue with a dropper. The small blood vessels under the tongue quickly absorb the CBD and the CBD enters the body. This is one of the quickest methods around, which means quicker results.
- Creams/Lotions – This form is used for people who have skin conditions. You apply the cream/lotion to the affected area and gently rub it in. The skin cells absorb the CBD.
- Vaping Kits – This is just like the normal vaping kits. However, the cartridges are filled with CBD oil. This form is said to be for advanced CBD users. Many people say do not use this form if you have not used CBD before. In fact, this form is ingested quickly and if you don’t know the effects of CBD on your body, that could be bad.
- Powder – CBD is mixed with a powder so this powder can be put into lotions/creams, and even food and drinks. However, to use this form, make sure adding it to food and drinks is legal in your state. Do your research!
- Cigarettes – This is a popular form. Many people are switching to CBD laced cigarettes. They are all natural and don’t cause the health problems tobacco filled cigarettes cause. This is a good method for people trying to stop smoking. Your body will still go through the smoking motions, but you are instead putting an all natural substance in your body.
- Edibles – This form consists of many food items. However, the most popular ones are gummies and lollipops. In fact, with these forms, you need to be very careful if you have children. They can easily be mistaken for candy because that is what they look like. In addition, this form takes a little longer to ingest because your body has to digest this form first. However, lollipops ingest faster than the gummies because you put the lollipop in your cheek and the small blood vessels absorb the CBD.
Unquestionably, CBD is one of the most popular things in the world today. However, if you are just starting to take CBD products, please be aware that everyone reacts differently. Our bodies have different bio make up. One person may be fine with a certain dose while another person may not be fine with the same dose. For those of us that are sensitive to CBD, an isolated form is suggested. This form contains no THC and will not cause problems that THC form can cause for the user.
The best advice given is to start with low doses and slowly add more to your dose until you are at a comfortable dose. In addition, always read case studies and do your research so you can be aware of what might happen. Undoubtedly, you should talk to your healthcare provider before starting any kind of new health regiment. They can give you advice and help you along with figuring out the right dose for you. You should never be afraid to talk to your doctor about anything. Keep in mind, most people use CBD to have a healthier lifestyle. No doctor can fault you on that.
Lagano, L. (2019). The CBD Oil Miracle: Manage Pain, Improve Your Mood, Boost Your Brain, Fight Inflammation, Clear Your Skin, Strengthen Your Heart, and Sleep Better with the Healing Power of CBD Oil (1st ed.). Castle Pointe Books.
Findley, B. (2019). CBD for Beginners. United States: Independently Published.
Greene, T. (2017). Hemp Oil and CBD: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to CBD and Hemp Oil for Better Health, Faster Healing and More Happiness. Independently Published.
Coles, F. (2018). CBD: 101 Things You Need to Know About CBD Oil. United States: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.